[time-nuts] Datum 9520-1000

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Fri Sep 20 15:26:04 UTC 2019

Datum / Symmetricom TymServe 9520-1000LD NTP units continue to appear surplus.
Some models ONLY function as a Time Server (NTP) for a Local Area Network (LAN).

The 9520 model numbers vary in the presence of the LCD on the front panel, and outputs found on rear panel (1 PPS, 10 MHz GPSDO output, time code output, like IRIG-B).
I saw two units on eBay this week (one coming from TVA’s LAN/WAN), both resellers are non-tech surplus dealers.
“Make Offers” are often accepted by these resellers, since the units have little value without GPS receiver swap (H024 board).

HEOL Designs continues to offer their Trimble replacement GPS receiver’s for the discontinued Trimble receiver models (~ $200, depending on current € exchange rates & shipping).  Contact HEOL for details on TS2100 install/usage.
https://www.heoldesign.com/-Trimble-GPS-replacement-boards-

greg
w9gb
===
Re: [time-nuts] Datum 9520-1000
Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Thu Jan 12 13:21:53 EST 2017
Gary -
The Datum 9520 series are Time Code Displays (discontinued). They have been appearing via government and military surplus via obsolescence sales.
In addition to the 6-digit time display of the 9520 series, this specific model (-1000) includes the 3-digit Day of Year (DoY). I believe that all of the 9520 series support the Amplitude modulated carrier (IRIG B) timecode.
Datum 9520-240 manual http://www.arsitec.com.br/arquivos/produtos/9520-240-manualF.pdf
Datum 9520-647 manual ftp://50-199-14-216-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net/electronics/testgear/time-freq/symmetricom/9520/9520-647-manual.pdf
Since this Datum 9520 is discontinued, ITS (California) provides modern replacements, especially for F-16 fighter aircraft (9520-647 version). http://www.itsamerica.com/Files/tcdisp.htm
greg
==
[time-nuts] Datum 9520-1000
Gary Neilson gary at deepskyridge.com
Thu Jan 12 11:44:55 EST 2017

I am looking for documentation for a Datum 9520-1000 time code display.
Thanks Gary