[time-nuts] uBlox F9T testing - best settings?

Ragnar Sundblad ragge at kth.se
Mon Sep 23 06:11:44 UTC 2019

Hello Michael,

> On 22 Sep 2019, at 23:54, Michael Wouters <michaeljwouters at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The OpenTTP software mktimetx applies sawtooth corrections to the TIC
> measurements, as you guessed. The corrected TIC measurements are combined
> with the raw GNSS pseudo ranges, and then this is what goes into the output
> RINEX and what is used for CGGTTS generation.

Have you considered using the UBX-TIM-TP qErr correction (the receivers own
estimate of the quantisation error for the TIMEPULSE output) instead of
sawtooth filtering?

I have played with it a little on a u-blox M8, and it sure seemed to smooth
things out, but I haven’t made any real measurements on the result.

Anders,
Thanks for sharing your results! I am a but surprised that you have so large
variations, I wonder how much the antenna placement affects the results.
Just for fun - can you tell us more about how your antenna is place now?

Best regards,

Ragnar