[time-nuts] uBlox F9T testing - best settings?

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:11:36 UTC 2019

> Anders,
> Thanks for sharing your results! I am a but surprised that you have so
> large
> variations, I wonder how much the antenna placement affects the results.
> Just for fun - can you tell us more about how your antenna is place now?

Current antenna placement was restricted by the 5m cable of the
puck-antenna. The antenna is at the corner of our building.
The corner of our building extends about 2-3m up from this location - so it
blocks about 1/4th of the sky.
Maybe it also creates some multi-path?
I didn't collect anything over the UART for now - the blocking of SVs
should be clearly visible in a alt/az plot of each satellite.

When we build more of the boxes containing an RCB-board we can try the
24h-survey, fixing the coordinates, and a better antenna placement.

Anders