[time-nuts] Distributing GPS L1 signal to many GPS devices

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 18:30:44 UTC 2019

Currently, I have a symetricom antenna outside that feeds an HP58536A (4 port).  One of the output port daisy chains to another HP58536A's antenna port.  That gives me 7 ports total. Well, I need more.  I can simply daisy chain another one but it doesn't look like an elegant solution.  Besides, if I only turn on GPS on the last port, it will end up driving all of the active distributor amps.  Also, signal delay would be a concern.

I KNOW there are many folks here who has more than dozen GPSDOs.  How do you do it?  Obviously, buying an 8 port version is one of the solutions but what if I need to expand that?  My goal is like 20 ports for future craziness.

GPSDOs tend to grow during my sleep.  It must be because I started with just two.