[time-nuts] NTP apps on Windows question

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:42:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 6:01 PM Chris Burford <cburford1 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Yes,
>
> You want to disable Windows Time service (w32time) if running the client
> from Meinberg. If you scroll down about 1/3 from the top of this
> document <http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html> you will see where it
> makes mention to disable win32time.

I've noticed the same issue (running Meinberg's build of NTP) with the
same amateur radio program where the PC is a certain number of seconds
off (4 or 6 or so or whatever but on the order of what the OP
reported).  A restart of NTP "fixes" it.  This happens after a cold
boot and even if I let the system run for an hour, NTP never fixes
things.

You've reminded me that I need to check if I did, in fact, disable the
Windows Time service (whatever it is on W10).  That's much more likely
to be the issue rather than NTP.