[time-nuts] Phase measurement of my GPSDO

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Apr 3 16:57:19 UTC 2020

Your counter can measure 1e-9 *at 1 Hz*  but you are feeding it with 10
MHz's worth of noise, so divide the reading by the factor of the down
mixing (1e7) so the result is 1e-16 -- you are multiplying the effective
noise.

Though as Bob says, you don't get close to 7 digits of improvement
without paying attention to a lot of other details.

John
----