[time-nuts] PRS-10 PPS output

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 20:27:25 UTC 2020

I've seen this with my own.  You are catching the leading edge of ringing of the signal.

Since the output is CMOS, and high impedance, it really doesn't have enough current to push through low impedance cables.  Try shorter and different cable.  Terminate it with 50 ohms.  Set the trigger level little higher.  In my setup, the cable is actually a very short twisted pair, and only 2" long into a buffer board.

You might want to look at what your PRS-10 is set to, as far as pulse width is concerned.  Also, use much longer horizontal scan rate.  The standard pulse width is 10 MICRO second.  Your image is capturing beginning of the pulse but not the whole of it.

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG