[time-nuts] OCXO and fluctuations after EFC adjustment

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Apr 12 02:09:26 UTC 2020

richard at karlquist.com said:
> By now, few people besides Bob are still reading this. :-)

But this time nuts.

I would enjoy hearing stories about how you figured out that batch X or part Y
didn't work and/or why.

------

richard at karlquist.com said:
> We did actually give the manufacturer feedback, but it was not accepted
> because we as an instrument division were not in their target market.

> Some vendors flat out would not sell to our division although they were fine
> with the computer divisions.

Interesting.  Were there any vendors interested in your market area?

With my software hat on, I really appreciate feedback from smart users, and
even the users who are not so geeky in your area as long as they are
good/smart (and polite) about asking for help.  You can learn a lot from where
they went wrong.  I think there used to be a usenet FAQ page about how to ask
good questions.

I'm a bit surprised that you didn't connect with somebody at one of the
vendors who really valued your feedback.  It sounds like the sort of thing
that would help a company tune their process to make better parts.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.