[time-nuts] LightSquared is back now called Ligado

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 23:55:35 UTC 2020

Seems to me that both GPS receivers and Ligado's transmitters are going to
need the
"brick-wall" filters.  I wonder how lossy such filters will be when sized
to fit in handheld
GPS receivers, smart phones, and (especially) GPS watches.

On the other hand, it may be that many time-nuts will not live close enough
to any of
Ligado's terrestrial sites to be appreciably bothered.

It's a difficult situation- we won't know how big the problem is until
Ligado goes on the air,
yet the time to complain is now, before any rulemaking occurs or
construction permits are
granted.

Test results on a wide variety of commonly-used GPS receivers would sure be
nice.

Dana