[time-nuts] - LightSquared is back now called Ligado

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sat Apr 18 19:22:26 UTC 2020

Eric wrote:

>     any of (a), (b), or (c) above will have a far better chance of generating a successful petition for reconsideration at the FCC, an injunction in Federal court, and/or legislative intervention than continued emails here.

True.  However, the item is already on circulation, so there is no real
chance of reconsideration before the fact.

>     I’ll be reading those FCC documents because this sounds more important than fidgeting in my time lab this weekend, and then talking to my people in Congress.

Good for you.  One thing to know -- the Commission definitively cut the
engineering staff's power off at the knees some 10-15 years ago.  Since
then, the staff engineers take their cue straight from the chairman.
They no longer have an independent voice.  (Just one reason I have
argued for >4 decades that the Commission should be required to have at
least one member who is an engineer.)

Best regards,

Charles