[time-nuts] For sale: 3 Cesium (FTS 4060, 2x PRS50) and Symmetricom S250, TrueTime XL-AK

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Tue Apr 21 00:07:55 UTC 2020

Hi there all,

I'm cleaning out my workshop, and so am selling some of my time stuff...

1: Datum FTS 4060 Cesium Time and Frequency Standard
https://photos.app.goo.gl/m6mAMCkvLmbG4aKo7
I left this unplugged for ~4 months (yes, I know, I know), plugged it
in, and it came up and got lock in ~45 minutes. Has relatively new
backup batteries (replaced last year). Works perfectly, but could do
with a new clip for holding the door closed
(https://photos.app.goo.gl/pMtXAxfy1M5ztdHj9). As with many of these,
if the battery is very low when it is first connected, the battery
charger in it sometimes makes a GFCI trip....

2: Two Datum PRS-50 Cesium Beam Primary Reference Source
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UKkZJZYyCpGx6ipz9
I have two of these - one of them works, one of them doesn't (never
locks, and the ionizer supply voltage is low - apparently this is
often bad capacitors).
Note that these are designed to mount in a 19" rack, and be powered
from -48V. Comes with two (external) -48V supplies.

3: Symmetricom S250 NTP Network Time Server
https://photos.app.goo.gl/74Uvu8wup6H9rVtt7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gq4Y5cD8KdzyziWa7
Note: This is missing rack ears, and the edge of the case is damaged
where some idiot tried to remove it from the rack without first
unscrewing the ear...
This is running Version 1.36 (the version that supports IPv6), and
comes with the antenna. I also retrofitted a Rubidium oscillator for
better holdover (Symmetricom X72). This was added in aftermarket, and
has a small arduino to invert the lock signal.

4: TrueTime XL-AK
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tJYtrG97oAoNxqtP7
I only played with this a little bit, and the firmware is sufficiently
old that it doesn't know about the GPS rollover, so it thinks it is
1999 or something. It does not come with an antenna, but works with
the standard 12V ones from Amazon.
It has outputs for 10Mhz, 10Mpps, 1PPs, and one labeled IRIG-B (which
I have not tested)...

I'm asking $3,000 for everything, and want it to go as a set. As they
are big and heavy (and may or may not count as hazmat for shipping),
you will need to pick up in Northern Virginia (near Washington Dulles
airport).

Please reply (off-list) with any questions, etc.

I also have a bunch of laser stuff which I'm also getting rid of --
this is engineering stuff from when Lightwave Electronics was acquired
by JDS Uniphase -- most of this is DPSS / pumped diode stuff. Mostly
non-working / needs alignment / etc.

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf