[time-nuts] GPS antenna splitter recommendation?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 08:35:11 UTC 2020

Frank, you are looking for something like ebay item 181914486443.
But it's not cheap...
Regards
Bll NL7F
============================

Frank,

Yes!  Passive splitters are /not/ what you want.  Units like the one Bill
mentioned have an amplifier built in, powered by one of the active GPS
devices connected.

I have two like this - one was GBP 70 as a private purchase (perhaps from
someone on this list), the other was GBP 5 at an amateur radio rally in
Glasgow.  I suspect the owner of the GBP 5 one didn't realise its potential
value.  It's the one I'm using now and it works nicely.

73,
David GM8ARV
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk