[time-nuts] GPS antenna splitter recommendation?

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Thu Apr 30 08:37:51 UTC 2020

Am 30.04.20 um 03:01 schrieb Bob kb8tq:
> Here’s a few:
... lots of ebay offers snipped

The problem is, they will do their Job at RF, but the GPS receiver

usually has to feed the antenna pre-amplifier with DC through the cable.

The 4 RX candidates should not have to fight for the right / duty to do
this,

with their possibly conflicting offers. Given that DC makes it through the

transformers (or whatever) of the splitter of choice at all.

So, probably a bias tee is needed also, and some replacement dc power

source, which is the easy part.

Also, the 4 receivers should not see each other DC-wise, although there

is usually a protection against catastrophic abuse.

Cheers, Gerhard