[time-nuts] GPS antenna splitter recommendation?

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:25:23 UTC 2020

On 4/30/2020 7:33 AM, Bob kb8tq wrote:
> Pretty much all the Mini Circuits splitters will pass DC.

Hi Bob and all,

That's absolutely correct.  Something you might consider is what I did -
I got a pair of Mini-Circuits ZC6PD-1900W's cheap on the e-place.
Frequency-wise and loss-wise, not perfect, but good enough for me.
Problem was, like you note, all the ports are DC-pass, and I wanted only
output port 1 to be supplying DC to the antenna.

So I opened mine up, carefully cut the trace going to outputs 2 and up,
and bridged them with, IIRC, a 0.01uF ceramic capacitor to block DC.

Before and after plots on the VNA at work showed very little increase in
loss after the mod compared to before the mod.

Just some food for thought.  :)

thanks much and 73,
ben, kd5byb