[time-nuts] questions about oscilloquartz 10MHz module

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Sun Feb 2 18:24:13 UTC 2020

Some Chinese sellers have been describing the 8663-XS as double ovened for years now, certainly as far back as 2013 when I bought a couple.However, this is not confirmed by the Oscilloquartz data sheet and I have always believed it to either be wishful thinking or just a marketing ploy.The similar model 8863 is quite clearly described as a double ovened unit in its own data sheet, which to me further suggests this is less likely to be an undocumented option for the 8663.
Nigel GM8PZR

I along with many others have purchased a couple of the OSCILLOQUARTZ
8663-XS 10MHz oscillator.? The ebay ad claims it is double oven but the
only datatsheet I could find is for a generic 8663.? Does anyone know
the actual definition of the XS version?