[time-nuts] questions about oscilloquartz 10MHz module

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Feb 2 18:26:55 UTC 2020

Hi

The HP10811 is a single oven. It has been around for a *long* time.
It is spec’d to do 2.5 ppb over 0 to 70C. Indeed they typically exceed
this spec. HP was a bit conservative on their numbers.

Several versions of the 8663 are not spec’d as tightly over temperature
as the 10811. The main reason to put up with the added complexity
of a double oven is to improve temperature performance. There is no
other advantage to using one. Indeed there are a number of disadvantages.

It is unclear to me why would would add “troubles” of a double oven if
the normal benefits were not forthcoming ….

Bob