[time-nuts] eLORAN to turn on next week for a test

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 02:28:50 UTC 2020

Well the government has funded 2 tests. So they are looking. But we will
end up with what makes someone the most money. The alternative seems to be
the Iridium satellite constellation. That way we have 2 different satellite
based solutions. Hmmmm I don't see any problem with that at all.
Korea is indeed using real eLoran for PNT and actual navigation. Its still
in development but they see the need for an alternate solution to things in
the sky they don't control.
But off the soap box I have a cable to repair and preamp to check. The
Loran stuff hasn't been on since 2017 even though I have simulator and test
set. Time to bring that up from the basement. :-)
Regards
Paul