[time-nuts] Pressure sensitivity of Rb vapor cell standards

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:56:48 UTC 2020

What's the optimum wavelength for the Rb light source?  A laser would
certainly have
a much narrower linewidth than an LED, provided one can find a laser with
the correct
wavelength.  Many diode lasers have a detector integrated into the same
package, making
tightly-stabilized output power a snap to achieve.

Also: at 60C is the vapor pressure of Rb high enough to work with vis-a-vis
achieving a
quality lock to the atomic transition?

Dana