[time-nuts] Looking for info/help on TruePosition GPSDO behavior

ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Thu Feb 20 16:18:53 UTC 2020

Not seeing any replies, I started up one of my TrueTime units here. I’m not seeing that behavior.  (Last 96 min from an 18 hour run below.) I see my software version is slightly different (12.1.1) but the GPS version is the same. I have other units (TrueTime and UCCM variants) with the same Furuno receiver and not noticed any anomolies.

I did see PRN 138 come and go but there was no change in DAC correlated with that. I set the delay to 27ns to match yours, and interestingly there was a positive going DAC glitch then. Setting the cable delay back to 0 resulted in a negative going glitch. Curious.

Q: Are you sure about the time period? It looks to me more like 33 min, 20 seconds.
Q: Are you feeding the unit with > 12V? Apparently it will drop regulation if it isn’t given ~13V or more. No idea if that’s the issue but just a thought.