[time-nuts] 5.115 MHz / 10.23 MHz wanted

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Feb 26 09:24:48 UTC 2020

For a DIY project I'd like a 5.115 MHz OCXO. That weird-looking number
is half the basic 10.23 MHz GPS chip rate.

I realize it's trivial to create 5.115 MHz with a DDS chip, a function
generator, synthesizer, or even an aggressive phase microstepper. But in
this case, if possible, I'd prefer a simple single part; a plain old XO
or OCXO solution. Do any of you know where to get a 5.115 MHz crystal or
oscillator?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen one-off surplus 10.23 MHz or 5.115 MHz
OCXO on eBay but I never thought to bid on them because the frequency
was strange. If you saw one, and "bought before you thought", let me know.

Thanks,
/tvb