[time-nuts] Are there SC-crystals out there in the wild that are not Overtone?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Feb 28 10:34:55 UTC 2020

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 08:45:16 -0800
"Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com> wrote:

> OTOH, you could build a simple Colpitts
> oscillator and see where it oscillates.
> That's what they did back in the dark
> ages.
>
> Any time nut should be up for that.

Yes, but how many of us can build a time-nuts quality oscillator?
I'm still lacking that paper/book that teaches me how to build
a high stability oscillator.

I have a couple of 5MHz 3rd OT SC cut crystals in HC-37 case sitting
in a box, waiting to be used as some oscillator, I just lack the knowledge
to make good use of them.

				Attila Kinali

--
In science if you know what you are doing you should not be doing it.
In engineering if you do not know what you are doing you should not be doing it.