[time-nuts] Are there SC-crystals out there in the wild that are not Overtone?

Gerhard Hoffmann ghf at hoffmann-hochfrequenz.de
Fri Feb 28 15:43:58 UTC 2020

Am 28.02.20 um 11:34 schrieb Attila Kinali:
> Yes, but how many of us can build a time-nuts quality oscillator?
> I'm still lacking that paper/book that teaches me how to build
> a high stability oscillator.

Especially if you see THIS in a tutorial and 5 cm below the OOOH

so precise phase noise simulation results of this circuit:

----- < short.png  > -----

That builds confidence.

But Bernd was very precise with his prediction where the fundamental

of the SC crystal was to be expected. The sweep took abt. 25 minutes @
1Hz RBW.

The step on the left side is where the next measurement happens.

The crystal laid openly on the end of the port cable on the table at
room temperature.

--- <  fundamental.png > ---

> I have a couple of 5MHz 3rd OT SC cut crystals in HC-37 case sitting
> in a box, waiting to be used as some oscillator, I just lack the knowledge
> to make good use of them.

regards, Gerhard