[time-nuts] Wall Clock that takes 1PPS input

Matthew D'Asaro medasaro at mit.edu
Thu Jan 2 20:40:40 UTC 2020

I don't know of one available commercially, but it would not be hard to modify a standard quartz clock to do this. The standard quartz mechanism uses a motor that advances the seconds hand one second each time a pulse is applied to it. The catch is that every other pulse has to be the opposite polarity. A simple circuit consisting of a single D flip-flop could be constructed to provide this alternating phase functionality.

Matthew

Sent from Matthew D'Asaro's iPhone