[time-nuts] Wall Clock that takes 1PPS input

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:04:26 UTC 2020

I have also solved the same problem I have 4 Seth Thomas quartz clocks with
the red 24 numbers in the display driven by a single driver with
independent advance and hold for each clock. (Needed for multiple time
zones)
Generally reasonably quite. As mentioned they must be driven at a
alternating rate. These were quartz clocks and simply drop the electronics
out and keep the coil. Then have fun.
The clocks were purchased at a bargain store for little and picked up a 5th
as a spare. Do not recall if there were anymore left. If there had been I
would have purchased them 10 years ago.
Have been on the hunt and have not seen anymore.
Also tried to obtain replacement clock motors on the internet. But the
first purchase was not correct do not recall what it was but it was not a
by-phase motor.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL