[time-nuts] 5065 photo/lamp problem

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Sun Jan 5 21:14:36 UTC 2020

Fellow time-nuts,

Those of you that been repairing 5065s might have something to say.

Earlier this fall I was given a 5065, I have now re-examined it and
concluded that it seems to have problem consistent with A12 RVFR ASSY
problem, that is, PHOTO1 is 0, measuring the current into A7 I see
nothing (thus, front reading and current reading is consistent) and the
J16 voltage is just below 20 V, but it has power.

My guess is that the rubidium lamp oscillator is not functioning.

So, do you conclude, and recommendations as I progress would be welcome!

As my lab is being cleaned up and made more operational, making
equipment operational becomes more priority, and well, more fun. More on
that in a separate posting at some time.

Cheers,
Magnus