[time-nuts] 5065 photo/lamp problem

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Mon Jan 6 22:02:17 UTC 2020

Magnus,

If you apply a +20V supply to the lamp connector you should see 125-150ma
unlit and it drops  bit when it lights.

Also measure from the lamp connector center pin to the outside conductor
with an Ohmmeter.

You should have around 3.33K. The 1.33K resistor (in series with a 2.0K)
is a common problem. it can open up or rise in value.

I usually replace this resistor in units I service even if it measures
good.

I use a 1.3K 2% MOX resistor.

Also check the approx. 12 Ohm resistor on the standoffs to see if it
opened up.

If  you pull the lamp assy. you can place a spec-A lead and see the RF.
Should be approx 88Mhz. (not critical)

Once power is applied the lamp  should start (cold) within a minute or
so, warm it starts fast.

If you place a scope on A7 TP2 and with the lamp assy removed allow some
florescent lighting to fall into the interior you should see a large 50
or 60Hz signal from the light falling on the photocell.

That is a quick check of the A7!

Cheers,

Corby

Cheers,