[time-nuts] signal transit time through WWV receiver

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 6 21:11:15 UTC 2020

ashtongj at comcast.net said:
> Are there any simple tricks to measuring the transit time. My thought is to
> create a pulsed 10 MHz source, with AM modulation when the signal is on, and
> compare a path directly into one channel of an oscilloscope with the audio
> output of the receiver feeding into the other channel. Any easier or better
> suggestions? My test equipment is much more limited than many other members
> of this list.

You will need a filter to detect the AM modulation.  That filter will have a
delay.

Is there any difference in delay between an analog filter and a digital filter?

How do the wizards that use common view GPS time transfer calibrate the delay
through their filters?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.