[time-nuts] u-Blox ZED-F9T block diagram or timing knowledge available here?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jan 7 02:25:36 UTC 2020

Hi

If you go back in the list archives, there is a lot of info on doing this and that with the
F9P and the F9T. For a while, there was speculation that the price on them would come
down quite a bit. So far that does not seem to be happening.

Bottom line is that both the F9P and F9T have roughly a +/- 4 ns sawtooth range. The
sawtooth error correction information out of the device will take this down a bit, but not
quite as far as some of us hoped.

Since both devices are dual band, you can easily post process the data against various
services. I put out some plots suggesting a pretty good level of performance doing this.
(sub nanosecond at short tau). I have not revisited the project since then.

As far as either device tagging an input to better than 4 ns …not so much. Same thing
with the PPS doing better than that.

At the moment, the Furuno modules have the smallest sawtooth window that I know of.

Bob