[time-nuts] Norton amplifiers

Claudio Girardi claudio.girardi at virgilio.it
Mon Jan 13 20:01:21 UTC 2020

Some years ago I played a little with that buffer circuit and found out that the isolation up to a few MHz can be improved a little with an RC feedback network between base and collector.
I cannot find my notes right now, IIRC from the output the circuit can be seen as a sort of bridge where one can balance the various impedances for minimum feedback.
Enclosed is a graph for the measured gain and isolation for that circuit, using a 2N3904 (!), for several configurations -
 without the RC feedback, with an RC combination giving some overall improvement in S12 and with some values that gave a sharp null at 10 MHz.

Claudio