[time-nuts] Odd-order multiplication of CMOS-output OCXO

Adrian Godwin artgodwin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:54:38 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 12:49 AM Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.se>
wrote:

> I would be very interested to do exactly that. I've actually had issues
> getting the Prologix do things exactly as I want, and I blame that on my
> inability to focus long enough to read the manual to understand it
> properly. The lack of being able to debug the GPIB properly helps with
> the confusion. I need to do more GPIB programming, and perferably in
> Linux as I feel right at home there in general.

The open-source and cross-platform sigrok (https://sigrok.org/wiki/Main_Page)
capture/analysis tool has a protocol decoder for GPIB which will turn any
supported 16-bit logic analyser into a GPIB sniffer.

Recommended cheap capture tool is a Cyprus ez-usb dev board like
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223633738735

The Cyprus board can be wired directly to a GPIB connector but I've
produced a PCB that will adapt it to a pair of connectors for passthrough
use : you can obtain it from

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/1FVMoqoQ

Unfortunately Oshpark are surprisingly expensive for that board but if
there's interest I'll happily put it on one of the chinese sharing sites
such as pcbway. I don't really want to get involved in stocking and
shipping them.