[time-nuts] Simple GPSDO Multiple Outputs - buffered line driver options?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Jan 21 12:44:35 UTC 2020

Hi

What are you driving?

Most “normal” gear is pretty happy with a fairly wide range of input levels. Obviously things
like termination and long lengths of coax can get into the act. For 4 outputs, a passive splitter
with 6 db of loss should do just fine. You have only taken the output voltage down by 2:1 ….

Just for reference:

https://www.avionteq.com/Document/53131A-specification-sheet.pdf <https://www.avionteq.com/Document/53131A-specification-sheet.pdf>

Calls out a 200 mv to 10V RMS input level as acceptable For a variety of reasons, 10V RMS
is a really bad idea (cross talk ….). Lower is better in this case.

Bob