[time-nuts] time-nuts Digest, Vol 186, Issue 41 Double Oven

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jan 31 14:19:45 UTC 2020

Hi

Not quite sure what the units on “expensive” should be in the case of an
Rb standard. We get used to surplus prices on a lot of stuff and that
can skew the “calibration” a bit.

Sell price on a Telecom Rb depends more than a little on how many
you are buying. In modest quantities (100’s at a time) they rarely get
below $1,000.

Even after a number of years on the market, the CSAC still is a unique
part. I’ve had other parts of a similar size on the bench, they aren’t on
the market yet. Those units didn’t hit CSAC power levels. There are other
parts talked about here and there, but none on the market …

I’d say they are fairly priced for what they are.

Bob