[time-nuts] weird Raspberry PPS+GPS NTP server behaviour

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 18:56:02 UTC 2020

It's ~65°C on purpose. I'm using ntpheat (
https://blog.ntpsec.org/2017/02/01/heat-it-up.html) to keep stable
temperature no matter what it does. It turns my raspberry into kind of OCXO
:)
Anyway, ntpheat runs there for months, so I guess it's not the culprit.

Cheers,
Adam

Agreed, if it was running before then it's not the culprit this time.

I didn't know about that program and I'd like to try it here.  A neat idea.
Is it available stand-alone - ready to run?  I could compile it here given
the source, but not if it has dozens of dependencies on NTPsec, which I
don't use.

Temperature is certainly the prime contributor to instability here (or
temperature variations produced by CPU load variations).

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk