[time-nuts] weird Raspberry PPS+GPS NTP server behaviour

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 09:22:07 UTC 2020

The source code is here:
https://github.com/ntpsec/ntpsec/blob/master/contrib/ntpheat

It imports ntp.util. But from my rudimentary knowledge of Python I see that
it only uses it to get version number. So I think removing lines 24-29 and
51-53 should make it work without ntpsec.

Cheers,
Adam
=================================

Thanks, Adam and Hal.  I will have a play.  I need to decide which of my
flock to use, as some already sit in a fairly stable environment, and others
are doing real work which may be affected by running the CPU at 100%.

OK, there's a non-critical one rather nearer to a CH radiator than I would
like, so I've started it there (no error messages after the edits you
suggested).  I ran it as background and logged out.  I guess it doesn't need
any privilege.

  https://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_raspi-12.php

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk