[time-nuts] GPS module recommendation for Pi timing

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Mar 13 15:41:18 UTC 2020

Hi

If you are laying out a board and building quite a few, shop for one of the
< $10 modules. What’s out there changes almost month to month so
research is needed. As long as you get a PPS out, and a fairly rational
serial i/o, mating them up should not be to crazy.

You might spend the money you save on the GPS buying a “real” RTC
chip ….. They aren’t crazy expensive and mate into the Pi environment
pretty easily. GPS can come and go unless the antenna is in a really
good location.

Bob