[time-nuts] GPS module recommendation for Pi timing

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Fri Mar 13 15:17:07 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 9:59 AM Peter Membrey <peter at membrey.hk> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> We published this back in 2016 but it provides an analysis on the
> stability of the STC on the first three generations of Raspberry Pi as well
> as the stability profile of the uBlox M8Q:
>
> https://crin.eng.uts.edu.au/~darryl/Publications/Pi-hat_current.pdf

Thank you. Perfect. Reading now.

Bob KB8TQ: We are laying out our own board as it will be doing other things
besides GPS time/frequency keeping. Trying to avoid the use of USB. 1pps
will go directly to a GPIO pin, assuming that will provide the best
performance.

Hal Murray: Yes, I am trying to discipline the system clock.

Arne: Yes, I was considering using gpsd.

Right now I am leaning toward the Ublox LEA-M8T. I have a use for the other
programmable output from the Ublox.

--

Brian Lloyd
706 Flightline