[time-nuts] Modern Rb atomic reference vs classic Cs

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 19 10:20:18 UTC 2020

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:52:49 +0100
Paul Boven <p.boven at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> We've actually looked into purchasing the muQuans Rb. We learned from
> the vendor that they need to be serviced and refilled every four years,
> which could possibly be stretched to five years. This entails sending
> your clock back to the manufacturer. Otherwise, it simply runs out of Rb.

Damn! I didn't know that. Sorry for the wrong information.

Now I wonder where the Rb goes to. It's a closed system after all.
I'll have to ask them at the next conference (whenever that will be)

			Attila Kinali
--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.