[time-nuts] Symmetricom analog network clocks.

djl djl at montana.com
Wed Mar 25 00:46:39 UTC 2020

Some years ago, symmetricom sold out some analog network clocks. Last
winter, both of mine froze up and would not adjust. Being naturally
curious, I opened one up, and found the motor and wheels that drive the
hands. Knowing that this type of motor has problems, I simply unplugged
it and manually forced the going train and the motor on each clock to
turn in both directions(use your thumb.) After all, it was no good as
is. I guess the grease was redistributed, as both clocks now function
properly. They do have to be set using the software sort of often, but
sure look classy :-). No wonder we got them so cheap!
73, Don

--
Dr. Don Latham  AJ7LL
PO Box 404, Frenchtown, MT, 59834