[time-nuts] Symmetricom analog network clocks.

Esa Heikkinen tn1ajb at nic.fi
Thu Mar 26 20:24:34 UTC 2020

djl kirjoitti 25.3.2020 klo 2:46:

> turn in both directions(use your thumb.) After all, it was no good as
> is. I guess the grease was redistributed, as both clocks now function
> properly. They do have to be set using the software sort of often, but
> sure look classy :-). No wonder we got them so cheap!

Root cause in my unit was that rotor was hitting stator and caused
random "jams". The rotor was mounted off-center and got contact with
stator. I was able to bend the motor frame so that rotor was properly
centered.

No problems aftert that, now it has been running many years after that
fix without any issues. At the same opening I also converted it to PoE
powered, so only one cable now. It's 15V system but runs perfectly with
12V also.

Very nice wallclock indeed!

--
73s!