[time-nuts] Symmetricom analog network clocks.

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 21:02:31 UTC 2020

I have several Leitch clocks.  These are (were?) widely used in
broadcasting studios, and locked to SMPTE/EBU timecode (or mains frequency,
or their internal crystal).  Often available on our favourite auction site
- see, for example:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/123679630402
The second hand can be set to sweep or "step", but the latter is a fast
sweep between seconds, and then a pause, so is virtually silent (critical
for a broadcast studio!)  They come in various sizes: 8 inch, 12 inch, and
18 inch.  They were extremely reliable at work, and I've been delighted
with the couple I now have at home.

Peter