[time-nuts] Noise Floor

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 21:34:57 UTC 2020

Yes.  The first page says that, along with several entries in the spec sheet.  Then, on page 6 lists absolute maximum.  12.6V (I was .1V off).  To me, that's awfully close.  I chose not to go there, especially when 9V gave me what I wanted in the first place.

In many ways and places, I've learned not to get too close to the maximum rating of devices.
---------------------------------------
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG

    On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 4:48:25 PM EDT, Charles Steinmetz <csteinmetz at yandex.com> wrote:

 Taka Kamiya wrote:

> According to the datasheet, AD8007's absolute max is 12.5V.  It's a bit scary to go to 12V.

Not at all.  Look at the first page of the datasheet, which recommends
supplies from 5v to 12v.  I've deployed thousands of them running at 12v
(usually, +/- 6v) with superb reliability.

That said, today I use modern CFB amps with 36v supply ratings for these
jobs, and if I had a Z10000 I would certainly retrofit it with one
without a second thought.  There is no substitute for headroom!

Best regards,

Charles