[time-nuts] Noise Floor

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Mar 26 20:42:52 UTC 2020

Taka Kamiya wrote:

> According to the datasheet, AD8007's absolute max is 12.5V.  It's a bit scary to go to 12V.

Not at all.  Look at the first page of the datasheet, which recommends
supplies from 5v to 12v.  I've deployed thousands of them running at 12v
(usually, +/- 6v) with superb reliability.

That said, today I use modern CFB amps with 36v supply ratings for these
jobs, and if I had a Z10000 I would certainly retrofit it with one
without a second thought.  There is no substitute for headroom!

Best regards,

Charles