[time-nuts] DATUM ExacTime 6010 info anyone?

Bill Notfaded notfaded1 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 21:08:26 UTC 2020

I bought a DATUM ExacTime 6010 today that looks to have fully loaded option
board on it.  It'll be interesting to see what built in LO it has.  It
looks to have GPIB.  I know some of these have firmware issues that were
updated by symmetricom for leap second issues which required replacing an
eeprom chip.  I'm curious if anyone has ever tried replacing the GPS module
in a device like this or copying a new newer eeprom chip to update with
newer firmware?  A friend of mine replaced SIRF in a spectratime GPSource
Rb rack mount unit and replaced the it with a ublox LEA-M8T.  I wonder if
something like this could be done here?  I know that both x72 and LPRO-101
were options on the ExacTime 6010.  I'm hoping even if it doesn't have one
of these options that adding one might not be too difficult.  The unit has
two jumpers inside to select the LO option whether TCXO, OCXO, X72, or
LPRO.  I've found the user manual for it. From what I know these have a lot
of input and output options for the built in many BNCs it carries.  It
would really be neat to modernize this old piece of kit with better GPS and
PPS.

Here's some of the pics I saw before buying it.

Bill