[time-nuts] Teensy 4.1

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu May 14 22:23:05 UTC 2020

On 5/14/20 3:14 PM, Adrian Godwin wrote:
> I just saw an update to the Teensy microcontroller line.
> Teensys are somewhat like an arduino but generally with faster processors
> and more memory.
>
> The latest one, 4.1, has an ethernet interface with IEEE1588
> packet timestamping.
>
> https://www.pjrc.com/category/news/
>
> I'm not on pjrc's staff etc, but I like his products and as far as I know
> this is a 'first' for such an interface on a cheap, fast development board
> ($26, 600MHz).

That's very cool.

I've been using Teensys since 3.0.  In fact, I ran some clock
performance tests on 5 teensy 3.1s - nothing unusual found.

I like the teensys because they have decent ADC (16 bit differential)
and DAC (not PWM DAC), so you can actually do some interesting audio
frequency stuff (like using them as a doppler radar processor to detect
heartbeats).

I'm glad they're still pushing the envelope.