[time-nuts] UBlox F9T and Lady Heather

Ben Hall kd5byb at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:12:15 UTC 2020

On 5/28/2020 4:26 PM, Chris Burford wrote:
> I too posted a similar issue with my F9P on the EEVBlog with the exact same
> results as you are having. I still don't have an answer for the satellites
> not showing up in LH.

Hi Chris,

I actually came across your post in my searching.  ;)

In an off-line conversation with Gary Miller, he noted that it may be
possible that Lady Heather is unable to use the new UBX-NAV-SAT message
that is used in the 9-series uBlox receivers...and that Heather is
looking for the old UBX-NAV-SVINFO that cannot be enabled on the 9 series.

I've ensured that I've got UBX-NAV-SAT turned on...but still have no
sats in the LH table.

Interestingly, I did an experiment where I forced the F9T into NMEA and
forced LH into NMEA (/rxn) and was able to see the SAT table, but it
didn't have a lot of the neat data present that you can get from an 8
series running UBX binary.

I'm scratching my head at this point - I came across several posts in my
searching where folks noted that LH was working with the F9P and F9T.

I'll post back if I figure something out.

thanks much,
ben, kd5byb