[time-nuts] DC distribution

Martin Flynn martin.flynn at compdecon.org
Mon Oct 7 21:17:05 UTC 2019

After a failure under load of a starter cable on a large generator, I
finally broke down and bought a Burndy hydraulic crimper for the grounds
and cables I normally use.

Did two test low-tech tests:

First test on a 1" section of 2/0 DLO cable, with a two bolt telco lug
at each end.  It failed at ~2200 ft/lbs, the wire itself broke strand by
strand.

Second test involved sawing the crimp across the barrel and looking for
voids.  Using factory lugs and die, no voids were visible at 25X
magnification