[time-nuts] DUT Error Multiplication (was FA-2 Questions)

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 05:00:35 UTC 2019

Yo Bubba Dudes!,
I proposed using a HP8586A and a Fluke 6080 for DUT error multiplication of 100.
Several responses basically said: the HP8656 sucked so bad it wouldn't work.
Ed suggested brick PLL but i couldn't find any I could understand.

So a new idea since another signal generator is not in the budget.
What about the possibility of using the ADF 4351 35 Meg to 4.4Ghz PLL's along with the AD8342 active DBL mixer to get my times 100? This setup would total about $100 and be very small.

I'm not concerned about phase noise.
Regards,
Perrier