[time-nuts] eLORAN will be on air GRI 99600

John Ponsonby jebponsonby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:13:58 UTC 2020

When I designed and built my LORAN-C receiver, for navigation not precise time, it was my understanding that all GRI's (Group Repetition Intervals) were expressed as four digit numbers. I designed my receiver accordingly. The number was the repetition time in units of 10 microsecs. This is the period of one cycle of the RF signal. so the RF is coherent from group to group. (The groups are not all identical. There are alternately A groups and B groups.) I notice that in the present discussion the GRI is given to five digits. Does any one know if the change to five digits, which are presumably the time in microsec, is so to speak official?

John P