[time-nuts] Oscillatek 2352

Peter McCollum saipan1959 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:01:58 UTC 2020

Hi,
Please excuse my remedial question. I am looking for basic information on
an oscillator module marked as follows:
Oscillatek 2352
10.00 MHz TCVCXO
5850-0000-012
  0.0 Hz at 25C
SN    DATE
42105   8707

I understand that Oscillatek is now Vectron which is now Microchip.
It has a 7-pin male connector on the bottom that appears to be a 7-pin
vacuum tube style.
I have hand-written notes indicating 12V, 10 mA power; and that pin 7 is a
"Tune" input. Pins 2, 4, and 5 not identified. Pin 1 is wired to +12V via a
diode.
I gather that the "VC" in the description is "Voltage Controlled".

I'm interested in things like:
- What is the typical application?
- What are the characteristics of the VC input?

Thanks,
Pete