[time-nuts] Ublox 8T - breakout board

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 14:25:56 UTC 2020

Hi Mathias,
I'm assuming you're using a coin cell for back up, so wondering if one of the diodes shouldn't be in series with the battery, with both cathodes to V_BCKP?
Nigel GM8PZR

I've updated the repository on github with the latest design files. The
breakout board is now final as far as I'm concerned.

I managed to implement all the requested features, this includes the backup
battery and also the buffered PPS output with SMA footprint.

Next step on my side will be to order a small batch of PCBs. There's not much
on them and I guess I will end up with around 25? for 5 boards fully
assembled, shipping not included.

I eventually removed the I2C pull-ups again, thanks to Patrick Tudor for the
hint. The footprints are still there, I only removed them from the BOM.

Schematic and a screenshot of the top and bottom sides attached.

BR,
Matthias